The establishment of BANSEA’s new investment vehicle “BANSEA ONE” marks the next step in evolution of its value proposition and relevance in Southeast Asia’s (SEA) to the angel investing eco-system. This move is poised to further develop and foster a vibrant start-up ecosystem, leveraging on BANSEA’s expertise in building startups. Investors will be granted early access to BANSEA’s pipeline of deals and making an active contribution to the eco-system.
BANSEA ONE has closed (oversubscribed) and was only open to existing BANSEA members. If you’re interested in learning more about becoming a member, please visit this page.
BANSEA ONE will invest in dynamic management teams that are creating a product that solves a pressing problem/need. The solution should be able to be rapidly scaled to create a defensible position in a large potential market with limited capital requirements.
Opportunities that we consider typically meet the following criteria:
- Business focused on Southeast Asia (preferably incorporated in Singapore)
- Have an existing minimum viable product
- <7 year exit strategy
For further information on B1’s investment criteria, please consult our Entrepreneur section on the Bansea website. The sectors we will consider include but are not limited to IT, healthcare, and advanced materials.
Beyond being a source of capital, entrepreneurs should also look at BANSEA as a potential source of knowledge and experience as our broad network of investors and members can be approached for help with strategy and market knowledge.
BANSEA ONE typically won’t be the leading investor in the process but can leverage the existing network and partnerships to find lead investors and syndicate deals where appropriate.
Companies can submit an application through this page if they’d like to be considered by BANSEA ONE:
- The Investment Committee will vote on the applications received and diligently select a limited number of companies to pitch to the Investment Committee and other members.
- The Investment Committee will meet separately after the presentation to discuss the opportunity.
- If the Investment Committee decides that they wish to proceed with the opportunity, a Due Diligence team will be established. This Due Diligence team will work with the prospect to conduct a formal appraisal. We expect the due diligence process to be completed in less than four weeks.
The Due Diligence team will present their findings to the Investment Committee and make a recommendation. At which point, the Investment Committee will take a final vote on whether or not to fund the opportunity.
e27: Spreading wings: Singapore’s Fundnel partners with regional angel network BANSEA
Deal Street Asia: Fundnel partners BANSEA ONE to grow angel investments in Singapore
Read more at: http://www.dealstreetasia.com/stories/fundnel-45518/
Business Times: Infocomm Investments partners Bansea to fund seed-stage startups
Deal Street Asia: Angel investing network BANSEA-IIPL enter into partnership, to co-invest in startups
Tech in Asia: This new-old angel fund will invest in young Singapore startups